Friday, November 28, 2014

Hour of Code...Come Join the Fun!



I am excited to be holding our 2nd annual "Hour of Code" throughout the month of December. This year all Kinder - 5th grade classes will have a chance to learn coding (programming) through the tutorials offered at Code.org 

If you are interested in participating with your child, please check with your teacher for their date and time to visit the Computer Lab, or email me at barbara.neill@austinisd.org 
There have been some schedule changes due to field trips and holiday performances. 

You do not need to know anything about coding. The activities have tutorials and this is a time for students to work together and learn from each other. The rule is, "Ask three, and then ask me." They will enjoy helping each other and problem-solving together. You can preview the lessons at www.code.org/learn.

Hope to see you there!






1 comment:

  1. This sounds fun! I will stop by and sign up for my 3rd grader.

    ReplyDelete