Thursday, July 2, 2015

Summer Fun - Practice Coding

Hope you are enjoying the very wet summer we are having in Texas. If your child/ren are getting bored, consider letting them explore some great Coding activities. These links are some of the activities our K - 5th students used during our "Hour of Code" in December. Check back here for more links to more activities as I find them. 


Learning programming/coding helps children learn problem solving skills. They will also learn that not everything is going to work the first time. Take it step-by-step, test each step before moving on. 



Please leave comments if you have tried these activities with your child and how well it went. I would like to work more coding into our Computer Lab lessons next year. If you have suggestions, please contact me.

Enjoy! Stay dry!


Hour of Code Activities

Tynker - Make Fireworks

Tynker - Bad Guy Bowling

4 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! I need to keep their brains engaged! Have you used Scratch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have many students who enjoy Scratch. Takes a lot of thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do I have to create an account for my daughter to use Kodable or does she have an account with the school?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can create an account as a Parent. We have not done this through the school.

    ReplyDelete